Steps on the Journey to Impact
We offer a series of life-shaping learning opportunities, with practical application, to link your dreams and experiences.
This particular website is focused on the Repurposing Business Training, but there are complementary products which are part of your journey to Impact.
Foundations: God & Business
There are a number of prerequisite modules to be taken prior to the training, and these are contained in our God & Business program. This fast-paced, four module session traces God's design for integral involvement in and current plans for business. The modules cover:
- The History of God and Business
The biblical basis for business being ministry (Business is Ministry)
These can be enjoyed online or in-person. Contact us for more information or check out the Events tab for upcoming sessions.
FRAMeworks: Convergence Study
The book titled Convergence is now backed by a Convergence Study Guide that includes DVD's and testimonials. The Convergence Study is for people who want to find their role in the broader context of what God desires to do in the world. It focuses on the imperatives for marketplace professionals wanting to explore the integration of occupation and vocation. It is a seven-part study with daily guidance for exploring topics.
- What is Convergence, and Why do we need it?
- The 4-Cs: Career, Calling, Community & Creativity
- Understanding God's timing and seasons
- Seasons on the Journey toward Convergence
- (Re)Choosing your Spouse
- As you begin your Journey (University of the Desert)
- Convergence and Church Leaders.
The training modules explore key drivers of business from a biblical perspective. Each week participants study and dialog questions such as:
- What is God’s business?
- What is God’s purpose for a business?
- How does He develop products, and can we develop products with the Holy Spirit as collaborator?
- What are God’s marketing principles and techniques, and how do they apply today?
- Does scripture favor one economic model over another? And what does the bible say about debt, interest, capital and working capital?
- How does one integrate faith and order in a business?
- How do rationale and revelation co-exist in a Spirit-led business?
- How does a non-business-owner have influence? How did the Josephs and Daniels do it?
- What is the legitimate sphere of influence of a corporation? Will God hold them accountable for everyone the business could have served?
- How does one get a business into God’s Business?
We have systematic frameworks for addressing these questions and use The Institute’s 10-P Model to cover all the bases. You can learn more about how this is done by clicking on the elements alongside.
FREEDOM: The Big Weekend
This has become one of the highlights of training for the many hundreds who have been through the training. This time away from the rush of training (and away from the core business content) gives one time to reflect on one's journey through life, review the challenges and good things, and bring God into every aspect of our past and present. The theme for the weekend is "A Time to Reap" and we focus on Jesus getting the return on his enormous investment in our lives, with no reserves or hindrances. Check out the video to get a flavor of the weekend.
FIELD-PREP: VENTURE BOOTCAMP
Once training participants have received a Certificate of Completion and attended The Big Weekend they are eligible to attend the pre-Venture Bootcamp. When on a Venture (see below) you will be assigned to a company (client) to help them repurpose their corporation. To do this you need more in-depth training on various areas:
- Client Deliverables (the chapter covering 10 things we leave with the client)
- Cross-cultural orientation
- Travel details (visas, lodgings, health insurance, critical dates, etc.)
- Meeting your Venture team leaders.
Having trained over 1,000 people, we know that information without application has limits. When the knowledge and skills you develop throughout the Repurposing Business Training are shared with a business owner in another nation, the truths learned in the classroom come alive. Likewise, if you own a business “back home” and immediately begin to apply the truths you are learning, your understanding and personal transformation goes to a deeper level.
We therefore strongly encourage you to couple the classroom experience with real-life application by going on a “Venture” — which you can think of as a short-term business/missions trip. We have taken about 50 teams, normally comprising about 15 people, to South Africa, Indonesia, India, Egypt, Nigeria and Israel... so far.
Fulfillment at Work: rep Applied
The Repurposing Business Training is part of a journey preparing you for life as ministry, and the Ventures reinforce the principles as you consult to businesses. Repurposing Business Applied, or rēp Applied, empowers Repurposing Business alumni to take the principles from the Repurposing Business Training and focus them on your specific daily work context and environment.
With a 10-week format, rēp Applied has a combination of learning and application techniques including assessments, case studies, peer review, coaching, mentorship and intercessory prayer. The 10-Ps from the Repurposing Business Training is unpacked for your work situation with the benefit of peer reviews, coaching, mentoring a personal visioning session.
After the Repurposing Business Training and Ventures many alumni ask “What’s next?” If you miss the fellowship of like-minded individuals with a common worldview, the intellectual stimulation and discussions, the community... rēp Applied is a logical next step.